Unfortunately there are no foodwalks available in English at the moment!
“The Real Taste of Vienna”
Why don’t you come with me to my favorite places?
During this 4-hour Food Walk, we also see streets and places that tourists normally don’t come across. I will show you my Vienna – the highlights and the hidden gems. We taste the best of Viennese cuisine, classics such as Wiener Schnitzel and less well-known, savory and sweet dishes. Matching drinks are served, local beer and the famous Viennese wines, Almdudler and Viennese spring water. I will take you to five culinary destinations where the Viennese also like to go and good food is guaranteed. In at least three restaurants we will stay longer, sit down at a table and enjoy the meal with a glass of wine.
The tour is limited to a maximum of eight people because your individual preferences are important to me. So, if you want to try something very special, like “Wiener Snails” or Beuschl, or if you have special requirements, please let me know in advance, I will, of course, take care of it.
The Food Walk “The Real Taste of Vienna” is an extensive tour that gives you the opportunity to discover Vienna for the first time or to rediscover it. As a state-certified tourist guide I will show you unknown places and we discover the true atmosphere of Vienna.
- Duration: about 4 hours
- Walk: About 4 km. Please make sure you wear comfortable shoes! The Viennese cobblestone is toxic for high heels!
- Number of individual tastings: 6 to 7 different dishes and five drinks – in total more than a generous meal, come hungry!
- Start time: Friday, Saturday, 10.30 am. The walk takes place under all weather conditions.
- Meeting point: Citycenter, near a subway. The exact meeting point will be announced when booking.
- Spoken language: English
- A vegetarian option is available on request. Vegan dishes are, unfortunately, unknown in Viennese cuisine.
- At the end of the tour, you will receive a booklet about the restaurants we visited and many other local tips for your stay in Vienna. This is one of the reasons why the tour is recommended at the beginning of your stay in Vienna.